Have you been looking for a cultural event in Al Ain that is suited for your entire family? Are you looking for authentic local arts and crafts items? If your answer is yes, we have exactly what you are looking for…The National Traditional Handicrafts Festival in Al Ain at Souq Al Qattara!
This lovely family event provides both locals and visitors with the opportunity to find unique arts and crafts items, as well as, to learn more about the UAE’s rich cultural heritage. Here are just a few good reasons to grab a friend, a relative or your students for a quick field trip that is worth it!
- It’s FREE!
- It is a family-oriented affair with entertainment in an authentic Emirati atmosphere.
- You have the opportunity to sample the local hospitality.
- There are workshops conducted by handicraft experts in which you can participate.
- There are souvenirs, local cuisine and other authentic local items on sale.
- You can learn more about the rich history of Souq Al Qattara as you walk around the historical souq.
This video of Emirati men performing traditional dances and songs was shot during Teach UAE Magazine’s visit to the National Traditional Handicrafts Festival. Check it our for a glimpse of what you can expect.
Visit the National Traditional Handicrafts Festival Festival and crafts souk in the emirate’s heartland of Al Ain. The festival is on now until October 31, 2014 starting at 5:00pm. When you get there, be sure to share your photos via Instagram or Twitter…Use the hashtag #InAbuDhabi and tag us!