GESS Education Awards have been recognising outstanding achievements in the education sector in the Middle East and North Africa in the last five years.
Since then, the awards programme associated with the leading education show and conference in the MENA region has since grown to become a highly sought-after global recognition scheme with entries coming from around the world, including the UK, Denmark, South Africa, Colombia, Pakistan, Australia, Spain, India, Finland, Canada and the United States; as well as countries from the Middle East and Africa, , including Kenya where the inaugural GESS Leaders in Education Summit is scheduled to take place in November.
There are two distinct sets of awards – one honours outstanding achievements by schools, teachers and education professionals, which include the following categories:
- Best Use of Digital Learning in the Classroom
- Best Use of STEAM Learning in the Classroom
- Ambassador for the Environment
- Community Award for Citizenship
- Innovation in Education
- Best Initiative for Inclusion and Well-being
- Outstanding Contribution in Education
The other set of awards recognises suppliers of products and solutions geared for the education market, with trophies for the following categories:
- Early Years Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Primary Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Secondary and Higher Education Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- SEN Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Best Free App/Software Product
- Best Paid for App/Software Product
- Best Digital/VR/AI Product
- Best Product to Promote Health, Fitness and Sports in the Classroom
- Best Product to Promote Arts, Music and Drama in the Classroom
- Best Sustainable/Eco-Friendly Product
- Start-up Company of the Year
- Innovation Product Awards (Digital/Coding/Software)
- Innovation Product Awards (non-ICT/Equipment/Hardware)
- Best CSR Programme for Education
GESS Education Awards continues its partnership with leading education school operator Táaleem for the Lifetime Achievement Award which will recognise an individual who has had a significant impact on the education landscape in the Middle East. The GESS “Lifetime Achievement Award” is awarded by a select panel of individuals who are leaders in various fields of education. They are tasked with choosing a person who has made an extraordinary contribution to the ‘World of Education” over a prolonged period of time.’
The awards programme is an integral part of GESS Dubai, the premier education exhibition and conference in the Middle East, which is scheduled to take place on 26-28 February 2019 at the Sheikh Saeed Halls of the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Deadline for submission of entries is on 14 December 2018. The complete description for each category and other important submission information are available at www.gessawards.com.